Reflecting on 2013, I feel relieved that it’s over and a new chapter has begun. Last year to me, flew by but it also felt stagnant to me all at the same time. I know by now in those times of stillness something really is happening, you just don’t see it at the time. So looking back, this is what I have learned…
First you all know, I didn’t write much last year. That’s because I felt as though something had washed over me, or a fog had settled around me... It took me awhile to understand my feelings and also understand what was happening physically to me as well. Physically, I suffered from terrible migraines, and brain fog so bad, some days it was hard to function... emotionally I felt a little confused and hurt by some people close to me, who for some reason had a problem with me being happy... You see in 2012, I had found a purpose and a meaning to my life. Everything made sense to me, I was flying on a cloud looking down on my life with complete understanding of how my life had played out up until that point, positive energy flowing from me…,that’s why I started writing my blog to inspire and share my life lessons with others. I never meant to hurt or cause insecurities in someone else. That’s not who I am! I would never do that with intention!
The funny thing is my readers thanked me, for sharing my heart and helping them to see the positives in their lives… But the ones that had a problem with this, were the ones I would least expect it from, they were really close to me, the ones who supposed to love and support me... This made me feel confused and stressed… it became really hard to write, I felt blocked….I didn’t know what to do. Something that gave me so much joy all of a sudden became so difficult…. You can say, “Who cares what they think!” but that’s easier said than done… because I do care… maybe too much... I have come to an understanding this last year, that I am an extremely compassionate person, who is hyper sensitive to others and their feelings... I know I was born this way, you’d think it would get easier, but it doesn’t, sometimes it overwhelms me and it affects me physically... I had to stop watching & reading the news, because I get so upset when I see others suffer... So for me to realize that my loved ones were somehow threatened or had a problem with me writing... upset me and threw me off balance... I do think it’s sad that when they could see I was happy, they couldn’t be?? I don’t know why but I do understand that envy and insecurity are terrible emotions and they can hurt people…And it did, it hurt me. And I’m sorry to you, my readers for disappointing you, not explaining myself. But I just had to go through it and understand it before I could share it….. So I am moving forward, I know I still have some forgiving to do, but it will come in time …. And as for my health, went to the doctor, found out its all hormonal. I have been prescribed to get back on the pill, take it consistently, and it’s working! I’m feeling so much better!! Yeah, no more brain fog, way less headaches. I’m finally feeling like myself again.Positive and happy!!..Hallelujah!! .. I also have a new adventure I’m embarking on, will share it with you when the final papers are signed…
Thank you my friends for all you have giving me... I love you, Elisabeth
This wish is for everyone!
May we all become more conscious and compassionate.
May we feel love in our hearts and share it with others.
Let us remember we share this beautiful planet with Nature and all living creatures.
May we nuture the bees that harvest our fruits and the trees that give oxygen to our lungs.
Let us not forget to give thanks to the child born on Christmas day,
it was he who showed us the way....
Merry Christmas to you and yours!
Always in love & light, Elisabeth
Hello again my friends! It has been awhile now since I last posted anything. I hope you all had a wonderful summer.
I sure did. Now that school has started and the little one`s have 3 days in preschool now, I will try to continue writing and sharing my thoughts with you.
With that in mind I have to share this brilliant film I watched last night. The funny thing is, I had never heard anything about this movie before. I came across it while shopping the other day. It caught my eye for some reason, I picked it up and looked at the cover. I see under the title, " Everything is Connected" I think to myself,sounds like my kind of movie.
So last night after the kids fell asleep I got lost in this story and I cant stop thinking about it. I wanted to share it with others that also believe that we are all connected and always will be. That our actions today affect the outcome of tomorrow. This film transports you through time. Sharing the lives,of the main characters who are all interconnected in different life times. I loved the message the film has. Its a very important one!
The title of the film is " CLOUD ATLAS" it stars Tom Hanks,Halle Berry,and many other amazing actors. Here is a little sample of what to expect..
I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
Sending my love out to you today and always, xoxo, Elisabeth
If you are someone who enjoys sailing,fishing or spends anytime on the waters.
You should check out http://www.regatta.no/index.php?page_id=15 Regatta has been working with buoyancy products since 1950, and is one of the leading producers of lifejackets and buoyancy aids in Europe. I just worked on their new 2013 catalogue,here are a few shots from that shoot..
When I was a young girl I had role models like Wonder Woman, The Bionic Woman and Charlie’s Angels. Boy how times have changed. We all see what our kids are exposed to now. Reality T.V has taken over our airwaves. The more shocking, trashier or tasteless these people can be, the more popular they become. It’s so wrong. I hope this trend is soon over. It’s destructive on this generation.
Of course what we absorb molds us and makes us believe something or another about ourselves. I know for me growing up and watching these woman who were strong and powerful, made me also feel that way. I carried that with me most of my life. Sure having a Wonder Woman complex had its advantages, but add to that , Protective Mother and I tell you the mix could be leathal.Thank god I have a lot of angels around me because I have been in a few situations where when I look back, I think I must have been out of my mind.
Living in L.A had its pros and cons. But the cons were all around me, literally. I could never let my guard down. Especially when I became a mother. Strange characters roamed the streets day and night. I grew eyes behind my head and slept with one eye opened.
When my first daughter was born, we lived in a little house in West Hollywood, which happened to be right next to an afterhours bar where they started playing Techno music after 2 am. At night we would hear a constant sound of traffic, music, and voices. My bedroom was up in a loft high off the street facing the alley. So the night I heard someone trying to get into our bedroom window. My Protective Momma / Wonder Woman complex kicked in Big time!
I’m not exactly sure how I did it. All I know is, one second I was in my bed, the next second I’m standing on top of my dresser...
I whipped open the curtains to expose a man’s face staring right back at me. Instead of being scared and calling the police, I open the window and pulled back my fist and knocked the dude straight off the dumpster he was standing on…. He lay flat out.
Then I yelled down at him, «What do you think you’re doing!? <<
He shook his head and stared up at me with his eyes wide open, like a deer caught in headlights...
He says,"Uhhh, Ummm, I was just trying to get into the Bar”...
“What?” I say, “Seriously? Then go around to the entrance on Santa Monica Blvd!!!”
That’s obviously not what he was doing. But whatever it was, he didn’t have the chance now. He apologized, got up and ran faster than a speeding bullet...
O.K maybe it wasn’t the smartest thing for me to do, but I reacted with complete instinct and felt no fear. .. I was Wonder Woman, The Bionic Woman and all 3 of Charlie’s Angels :)
It wasn’t long after that, my daughter and I moved to a gated community where we had security 24 hours a day. Even though it was much safer, I still felt on guard. These weird situations kept occuring more frequently which made my decision to move here to Norway even easier. I felt something was pushing me away from the city life. I was craving stability. I found that here…
I have since been able to let go of some of my Super Human Powers and put down my Shield..
Living here the only sound I hear outside my window is the river in my back yard. Honestly, that too takes some getting used to. I’m still adjusting to my new life. Instead of the energy of the city keeping me going, I have the energy of my 3 children. Which can be a challenge on its own .I may not be fighting crime on the streets any longer, but once in a while, My Wonder Woman skills sure come in handy keeping order in this house:)
Love Always, Elisabeth
I feel a shedding of my old winter coat and the shine of my new rejuvenated skin. The sun on my lips and the smile of god within me...
Spring has sprung! This is a time for renewal of spirit. For feeling alive and refreshed.
You feel it, hear it and see it in the air.
A time for family and friends to rejoice.
May you all have a wonderful Easter Holiday filled with love in your hearts, and family by your side.
My love is with you, Elisabeth
"The Principles of the Truth are Seven; he who knows these, understandingly, possesses the Magic Key before whose touch all the Doors of the Temple fly open" - The Kybalion
If you have read my writings before, you must know by now that I am someone who believes strongly in the power of thought. And I love to share things that will make you live a more happy and fulfilled life.
I want you to ask yourself these simple questions….
Do you believe life happens to you?
Or are YOU creating it as you go?
How much responsibility do you take for where you are in your life right now?
Have you ever wished you had an instruction manual to guide you on your life`s journey?
Well we all know that “The Universe” is a magnificent place. As are YOU.. With natural laws that govern it. As do you.. When you learn and understand these laws. Then apply them to your life. You will begin to realize you are an active player in this game called life. YOU have the ability to bring into your life exactly what you desire.
First you need to know that there are seven Universal Laws or Principles by which EVERYTHING in the Universe is governed. The Universe exists in perfect harmony by virtue of these Laws. Ancient mystical, esoteric and secret teachings dating back over 5,000 years from Ancient Egypt to Ancient Greece and to the Vedic tradition of Ancient India, all have as their common thread these seven Spiritual Laws of the Universe. Once you understand, apply and align yourself with these Universal Laws, you will experience transformation in every area of your life beyond that which you have ever dared to imagine.
The Immutable and the Mutable: Of the seven Universal Laws, the first three are immutable, eternal Laws, meaning they are Absolute and can never be changed or transcended. They have always existed and will always exist. The other four laws are transitory, mutable Laws meaning that they can be transcended or at least "better used" to create your ideal reality. This is not to say that you should ignore these four Laws or attempt to defy them for even if you do they will still govern your existence. Your aim is to master each of the seven Universal Laws and only then learn to transcend the mutable ones.
1. The Law of Mentalism (Immutable): The first of the seven Universal Laws tells us that "The All is Mind - The Universe is Mental". That everything we see and experience in our physical world has its origin in the invisible, mental realm. It tells us that there is a single Universal Consciousness - the Universal Mind - from which all things manifest. All energy and matter at all levels is created by and is subordinate to the Omnipresent Universal Mind. Your mind is part of the Universal Mind - the same in kind with the only difference being one of degree. Your reality is a manifestation of your mind. This is true Mind Power.
2. The Law of Correspondence (Immutable): The second of the seven Universal Laws tells us "As above, so below; as below, so above". This means that there is "harmony, agreement and correspondence" between the physical, mental and spiritual realms. There is no separation since everything in the Universe, including you, originates from the One Source. The same pattern is expressed on all planes of existence from the smallest electron to the largest star and vice versa. All is One. The Ancient Greek Temple of Apollo at Delphi was referring to this great Law of Correspondence in the inscription "Know thyself and thou shalt know all the mysteries of the gods and the Universe".
3. The Law of Vibration (Immutable): The third of the seven Universal Laws tells us that "Nothing rests; everything moves; everything vibrates". The third and last of the immutable Universal Laws, tells us that "the whole universe is but a vibration". Science has confirmed that everything in the Universe, including you, is pure energy vibrating at different frequencies.
The axiom that "like energy attracts like energy", upon which the Law of Attraction is based, has its foundation in this Law. Everything that we experience with our five physical senses is conveyed through vibrations. The same applies to the mental realm. Your thoughts are vibrations. All your emotions are vibrations where "unconditional love" (in the sense of love for another) is the highest and most subtle of the emotional vibrations and "hate" is the densest and most base. You can learn to control your mental vibrations at will. This is true thought power.
4. The Law of Polarity (Mutable): The fourth of the seven Universal Laws tells us that "Everything is dual, everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree". It is also the first of the mutable or transcendable Universal Laws. It means that there are two sides to everything. Things that appear as opposites are in fact only two extremes of the same thing. For instance, heat and cold may appear to be opposites at first glance, but in truth they are simply varying degrees of the same thing. The same applies to love and hate, peace and war, positive and negative, good and evil, yes and no, light and darkness, energy and matter. You can transform your thoughts from hate to love, from fear to courage by consciously raising your vibrations. This is what in the ancient Hermetic Teachings is called the Art of Polarization.
Rising Above the Law of Polarity: This Principle of Duality may appear to be very real in your life but it operates only in the physical and mental realms, not in the spiritual realm where All is One. As it says in the Bhagavad-Gita, "God is Above the Opposites". By always placing the all-powerful, all-knowing Great Spirit of which you are a part behind your every thought, statement and action, and by always focusing on the "good", even when things appear to be going "bad", then in time you will rise above the Law of Polarity.
5. The Law of Rhythm (Mutable): The fifth of the seven Universal Laws tells us that "Everything flows, out and in; everything has its tides; all things rise and fall; the pendulum-swing manifests in everything; the measure of the swing to the right is the measure of the swing to the left; rhythm compensates." It is the second of the mutable or transcendable Universal Laws and means that the pendulum swings in everything. This principle can be seen in operation in the waves of the ocean, in the rise and fall of the greatest empires, in business cycles, in the swaying of your thoughts from being positive to negative and in your personal successes and failures. In accordance with this Law, when anything reaches a point of culmination then the backward swing begins almost unnoticeably until such time that any forward movement has been totally reversed, then the forward movement begins again and the process is repeated.
Rising Above the Law of Rhythm: To transcend the swing of the pendulum, you must become aware of the subtle start of the backward movement in any of your endeavors whether it is to improve your health, your finances, your relationships or any goal you may set in motion. When you feel the Law start to draw you back do not become fearful or discouraged. Instead, knowing that you are one with the Omnipotent Universal Mind for which nothing is impossible, keep your thoughts focused on your outcome and fight to remain positive no matter how far back this transitory Law pulls you. Even if your efforts meet with failure, find comfort that by virtue of this very same Law, the upward motion must start again. In time, your perseverance will be rewarded as the backward movements become less negative relative to your previous backward swings and you raise yourself higher.
6. The Law of Cause and Effect (Mutable): The sixth of the seven Universal Laws tells us that "Every cause has its effect; every effect has its cause." In accordance with this Law, every effect you see in your outside or physical world has a very specific cause which has its origin in your inner or mental world. This is the essence of thought power. Every one of your thoughts, words or actions sets a specific effect in motion which will come to materialize over time. To become the master of your destiny, you must master your mind for everything in your reality is a mental creation. Know that there is nothing like chance or luck. They are simply terms used by humanity in ignorance of this Law.
Your Intentions are Instantly Created: The Law of Cause and Effect applies on all three planes of existence - the spiritual, the mental and the physical. The difference is that on the spiritual plane cause and effect are instantaneous such that they appear inseparable, whereas on the other planes our concept of time and space creates a time lag between the cause and the eventual effect. Know that when you focus on your chosen goals with intention using creative visualization that which you want to create in the physical world is automatically manifested in the spiritual world, and with perseverance, practice and continued concentrated thought it will also come to materialize in the physical world.
7. The Law of Gender: The last of the seven Universal Laws tells us that "Gender is in everything; everything has its masculine and feminine principles". This mutable Universal Law is evident throughout creation in the so-called opposite sexes found not only in human beings but also in plants, minerals, electrons and magnetic poles to name but a few. Everything and everyone contains both masculine and feminine elements. Among the outward expressions of feminine qualities are love, patience, intuition and gentleness and of masculine qualities are energy, self-reliance, logic and intellect. Know that within every woman lay all the latent qualities of a man and within every man those of a woman. When you know this you will know what it means to be complete.
The Law of Attraction as Part of the Equation: You will notice that the Law of Attraction is not specifically mentioned as one of the seven Universal Laws. This is not to diminish its importance but rather to highlight it because the Law of Attraction is the basic Law of the Universe which runs through all the seven Universal Laws discussed here. It holds everything together. It is through the knowledge of the Law of Attraction that one can rise above the mutable Laws of Polarity and Rhythm and gain a better understanding of each of the seven Universal Laws.
( Once you understand, apply and align yourself with these Universal Laws, you will experience transformation in every area of your life beyond that which you have ever dared to imagine.)
" Now that you have been given the keys. Jump into the drivers seat and steer your way to the life you desire"
Always in love and light, Elisabeth
(Credit to The Science of Being and The Kybalion: and special thanks to Tania Kotsos )
I just wanted to share a few photo`s that I shot for Ålesund Storsenter
Magazine. These were taken in December to highlight festive outfits for the holiday
Arve and I freezing our butts off!! It was the last shot of the evening, the snow just began to fall as we finished shooting.
December in Norway, not exactly tank top weather:)..
A new year, a new beginning...
We all start off the year with resolutions, good intentions, but how long do they last? Why is it so hard to follow through with a personal plan?
I think maybe because we don’t take it seriously enough.
Maybe it’s not important enough to us, or that WE (OURSELVES) aren’t important enough??
Other things take priority over us. Family, work, animals, school, friends, relationships, house work...
I can go on and on… I know for me this is the case anyways.
I am what you would call a “caretaker”
Always have been... As long as everyone around me is O.K. Then I seem to be O.K...
Although I like this quality about me, I realize I need to take as much care in myself...
I don’t want to be selfish but I know in my heart that I need to learn to find that balance...
To put myself up there along with everyone else. I know this will take some practice and a lot of effort ,But in order for me to be the best person I can be, I need to find time for me.
We all do, some are just better at it than others... And others maybe need to learn to give more of themselves , I know a few people like that :)
So this year, my resolution will be to take care of me :)
I hope you also will take pride in caring for yourself this New Year... Make it a point to listen to your heart. Listen to what it’s trying to tell you. Follow it and don’t give up…
And for the one`s that need to learn to give more of themselves.
Offer your help. Pay attention to the ones around you. Be there and show you care. You will feel better by making them happy..
My wishes are with you...
Here`s to being the best you, you can be, and the best me I can be!!
Happy New Year!
May love and light surround you and your families, always Elisabeth